Trek to Chandrashila summit is one of the popular treks in Uttarakhand due to its relative easiness and accessibility. The summit offers mesmerizing 360 degree view of the Himalayas including peaks like Chaukhamba, Trishul, and Nanda Devi etc. This beautiful trek takes one through verdant meadows, deodar forests and the majestic Tungnath shrine.
Adventurers trekking to Chandrashila tend to camp in open grounds under the clear night sky. Camping is an amazing experience to have with family and friends when you are surrounded in the lap of nature.
Chandrashila is more of a trek route for the adventurous souls than the tourist folks. Apart from the mesmerizing views of snow capped peaks and abundant natural beauty, there is Tungnath temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is considered highest Shiva shrine in the world. Pilgrims visiting the Char Dham pilgrimage tend to visit Tungnath to offer prayers and seek blessings from Lord Shiva.
Mythology of Chandrashila Trek
It is believed that Lord Rama meditated at Chandrashila peak after defeating the demon-king Ravana. Another legend says that moon-god Chandra spent time here in penance.
Best time to visit Chandrashila TrekApr May Jun Sep Oct
Nov Sep Oct Nov
Chandrashila Trek is famous for
Temple, Easy Trek, Snow Trek,
Summit, 360 Himalayan Views
Rishikesh, 213 kms
Jolly Grant Airport, 227 kms
Day 1: Drive Haridwar-Sari
Day 2: Trek to Deoriatal
Day 03: Deoriatal to Chopta through Rohini Bugyal
Day 04: Chopta circuit
Day 05: Trek Chopta-Tungnath (3680m),Chandrashilla Top (4130m) and back to Chopta (7-8 hours)
Day 06: Chopta to Haridwar (Drive 7 hours)
How To Reach
To know about how to reach Chandrashila from Delhi, refer to Chopta driving directions. Chandrashila summit is a 4.5 km mild trek which begins from Chopta through Tungnath.
- Transportation from Delhi to Tanakpur Railway station
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tourist guest houses at Dharchula - Pangu .
- Tour guide.
- All forest entries.
- Sightseeing and local information.
- All meals during the trip.
- Morning & evening tea, cookies .
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- All Meals while on trek & transits (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek equipments.
- First aid medical kit.
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- All transportation during the trek program.
- Any Air/Train/Bus fare
- Any meals other than 3 meals a day and tea & snacks en route.
- 3.09 % service tax.
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone and fax calls, alcoholic beverages, medical expenses, gratuities etc.
- Any Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Cost arising of any unforeseen circumstances.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Price Includes".
Terms & Conditions
Cancellation: If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc), Indiahikes will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
In case, you wish to cancel your trek, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone.
The cancellation charges are as under.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek — full refund.
Cancellation between 30 days and 20 days to the start of the trek — 50% refund.
Cancellation less than 20 days to the start of the trek — no refund.
Please note: In case of refund, there will be a deduction of 4% (bank charges) from the total fee you have paid.